Add that extra special touch to your dinner party
This year we have teamed up with spirits and barware gifting website Drinks Distilled to launch a limited-edition ‘Spirit of Christmas’ cocktail printed cracker and gift set. For those customers who already have their Kaneo crackers, the drinks bundle is available as a stand alone gift pack.
The cocktail themed crackers are perfect for drinks lovers to raise a toast sustainably this festive season. Drinks Distilled has enlisted its trusty line up of drinks experts, known as the Spirits Guides, to curate a set of six miniature bottles of premium spirits. The selection includes Belvedere Pure Vodka, Chairman’s Reserve Spiced Original Rum, Monkey 47 Schwarzwald Dry Gin, Green Spot Single Pot Still Irish whiskey, Ramsbury Single Estate Vodka and Everleaf Forest Non-alcoholic Aperitif, so that hosts can customise each Kaneo cracker with a tipple according to each Christmas party guest’s taste.
The spirits are accompanied by reusable cocktail stirrers and a recipe card with the insights and favourite recipes of award-winning drinks writers and bartenders, to help guests shake up a cocktail to celebrate.
Here's what the Spirits Guides had to say about their selections:
- *Chairman’s Reserve Spiced Original rum – Selected by award-winning drinks writer Millie Milliken who comments: “This is one of the best benchmarks you’ll find for a spiced rum out there. It screams spices, citrus and Christmas cake – absolute heaven in hot drinks. However, it’s super versatile and works in spiced versions of classic rum cocktails too, from Mai Tais to Daiquiris.”
- Belvedere Pure vodka – Selected by Bea Bradsell, drinks expert and daughter of Dick Bradsell, the creator behind the Espresso martini who explains: “Belvedere Pure was the first vodka I really fell in love with. It blows the idea that vodka is a flavourless ‘neutral’ spirit out the window. It has a bold enough flavour to hold up to the strong flavours of an Espresso Martini or to sip neat, and it’s complex enough to experiment with”
- Monkey 47 Schwarzwald dry gin – Selected by Emma Stokes, the blogger behind Gin Monkey, head of World Gin Day and judge for the World Gin Awards who comments: "Juniper, gin’s core botanical, is more integrated into the mix in New Western Dry gins such as this one. With its 47 botanicals there’s a lot going on, but it's successful in being complex whilst also being robust and balanced.”
- Green Spot Single Pot Still Irish whiskey – Selected by Emily Chipperfield, Group Bar Manager at Caravan and whisky specialist who explains: “This is a great introduction to the unique Irish style of making whiskey. It's a triple distilled single pot still whiskey, using both malted and unmalted barley. Although it has no age statement, it comprises whiskies between 7 and 10 years old.”
- Ramsbury Single Estate vodka - Selected by Millie Milliken who comments: “This is undoubtedly one of the best vodkas I’ve ever tried. It’ll shut anyone up who thinks vodkas don’t have any character, because this one is brimming with it. The biggest takeaway from this vodka though is its texture – beautifully creamy and mouth coating.”
- Everleaf Forest non-alcoholic aperitif – Selected by Inka Larissa, founder of drinks blog On The Sauce Again and co-founder of the Whisky Sisters podcast, who explains: "Everleaf Forest is the ideal non-alcoholic aperitif for those who enjoy a spritz, as it has a lovely bitterness to it with notes of citrus and a mix of spices. This also makes it a great alternative to Italian bitters."